We track, record, seek out, and observe talent as we do our climate. We follow trends and make predictions to prepare our organizations for all types of scenarios.
While organizations continue to face significant talent challenges, data shows that internal mobility initiatives offer a bright spot in a stormy period for talent acquisition. Studies have shown that lateral moves for employees generate similar retention benefits as promotions. Despite these obvious benefits, internal mobility rates have declined in recent years. With time to hire increasing and internal mobility falling, it’s clear that progressive talent leaders will need to find innovative ways to acquire and retain talent.
During this webinar experts from AMS and The Josh Bersin Company shared data signals from the recently released second entry of the Talent Climate research series and discussed the importance of focused internal mobility efforts to talent retention.
The conversation topics included:
• Critical findings from the newest Talent Climate Series research focused on internal mobility
• A lively conversation with Talent experts from prominent companies about their current talent mobility challenges and opportunities
• Discussion on the latest market trends impacting talent and business conditions
• Teresa Beach, HR Chief Operating Officer, Marsh McLennan
• Michael Durrant, Senior HR Manager, Talent, Santander UK
• Janet Mertens, SVP of Research, The Josh Bersin Company
• Jim Sykes, Global Managing Director, Client Operations, AMS
This webinar was the second in the research-based event series hosted by AMS.