Sustainability at AMS
Being a responsible business is good business.
We are proud of the comprehensive approach we take to the environment, our impact on society, global
corporate citizenship, and
For us, these are not just some of the most pressing issues of the day. They are at the very heart of how we conduct business. They always have been – and they always will be.
Across AMS, we focus our activities on the six United Nations Sustainable Development Goals where we believe we can have most impact: gender equality; reduced inequalities; decent work and economic growth; good health and wellbeing; affordable and clean energy and climate action.
Champions of diversity, equity and inclusion
We want to foster a culture of inclusion and belonging at AMS. Our aim is to create a company where everyone can be successful, and where people’s differences are harnessed to drive innovation and growth.
- Help leaders embrace inclusion by ‘making it personal’
- Transparently share our progress, successes and challenges
- Embed our values and behaviours across the business
- Focus on diversity data collection in our hiring processes and for our existing employees
High standards for health and wellbeing
When it comes to occupational health and safety, we aim to achieve the highest levels of performance we can. That means going above and beyond legal compliance to find new, cost-effective ways to support the health and wellbeing of our people.
- Maintain workplaces in a condition that is safe and without hazard to health
- Ensure significant risks arising from work activities are eliminated or adequately controlled
- Prevent accidents and cases of work-related ill health
Carbon neutral by 2025 and net zero by 2050
As a responsible global corporate citizen, we hold ourselves accountable for our impact on the environment and the communities where we operate. AMS are committed to working with the Science Based Targets initiative and becoming carbon neutral by 2025 and net zero by 2050.
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions by reducing energy use
- Minimise waste by recycling as well as reducing the amount we produce
- Reduce the impact of the goods we procure and natural resources we use
- Use our influence to promote sustainability in our supply chain and through our relationships with clients and business partners
Why the ‘S’ of ESG may be the rose between two thorns for retail banking
One sector for whom ESG is fast becoming the most important is retail banking. Yet, ESG risks for banks and other financial institutions can also be highly complicated...
Creating a roadmap for inclusion and diversity through talent acquisition
Staples, Inc. engaged AMS to validate existing best practices, troubleshoot obstacles and identify opportunities to further its corporate inclusion and diversity goals.
AMS welcomes new hire to lead diversity advisory services
AMS welcomes Judy Ellis to its advisory services team as Senior Vice President Diversity, Equality and Inclusion Advisory, based in Cincinnati, Ohio, US.