Shortly after entering the partnership, Toll Group shared that they would close their shared services centre in Songjiang, China and move business critical roles, to Penang, Malaysia. In partnership with Toll Group, AMS worked to restructure the Malaysia team to include 4 recruiters and 1 team leader over a 12-month period, in line with demand plan. The AMS team also developed the attraction strategy for the market, and provided consultancy services around diagnostic review, assessment work and employee value proposition (EVP) localisation review. As a result, the closure of the Songjiang branch was completed within the stipulated timeframe that Toll Group set with no business impact.
To ensure that the various country offices adopted the embedded global hiring process (which applied to both white- and blue-collar employees), AMS deployed 360° onsite recruiters based in the local offices. This enabled closer alignment with the business and allowed the onsite recruiters to support them in the new hiring process.
With the COVID-19 pandemic severely disrupting the supply of candidates, there was a greater need to build a talent pipeline. As a result, the AMS team promoted a referral scheme internally at Toll Group and partnered with local job centres and Government offices. In addition, the AMS team leveraged Toll Group’s social media platforms as well as instant messenger platforms like Telegram, WhatsApp and WeChat to reach a relevant and wider audience.
Since 2021, the AMS and Toll Group partnership has accomplished the following:
- Hired over 1,700 candidates
- Achieved a 95% reduction in agency usage, which in turn has given Toll Group significant cost savings as a result
- Screened over 32,900 candidates, saving time and increasing team productivity.
For the China market, the AMS team implemented Ajinga – a mobile enabled recruitment platform that harnesses the power of WeChat – in order to attract candidates. This enabled Toll Group to:
- Gain over 1,700 followers on the Toll Group WeChataccount from zero
- Receive over 460 job applications through WeChat(approximately 27% of followers)
- Accumulat over 600 clicks on the ‘Job Opportunity’portal between August 2021 – July 2022(approximately 34% of followers)
- Have their job opportunities shared over 1,450 times, resulting in over 11,650 webpage views or 9,700 unique views.