At a glance
Aspiring to attract and acquire the best talent in the industry, the client partnered with AMS to provide diverse talent acquisition solutions to meet their hiring goals.
Before partnering AMS in March 2023, the client had a decentralised hiring process and was working with multiple vendors to handle their hiring needs across various business units, such as Sales, Global Shared Service Division.
In our partnership, AMS further uncovered the following challenges:
- Location constraints: The Global Business Service Centre (GBS) was based in Pune Hinjewadi, which is an outskirt of Pune. As the client was in a hybrid work model with three compulsory days in the office, many candidates were not comfortable with the commute on such a regular basis.
- Recruitment: Hiring of sales (deco paints and woodcare) roles was majorly carried out in Tier 2 or 3 cities, which posed a big challenge due to a lack of eligible talent from similar industries.
- Relocation: As major niche skills were primarily available in the North and South, many candidates were not keen to relocate to Maharashtra.
- Compensation & Benefits (C&B): The client’s C&B structure had not been revised since Covid-19. Hence, grade-wise Cost-to-Company (CTC) is falling behind market standards.
- Parity mismatch: Grade-wise asked experience level is high when compared with market standard CTC.
- Brand visibility: As the client was still scaling up in India, extra effort was needed to draw candidates to the brand/organisation.