At a glance
Carrier Global Corporation is the leading global provider of healthy, safe, sustainable, and intelligent building and cold chain solutions with a diverse world-class workforce. Carrier operates in 52+ countries across the Americas, EMEA and APAC and have c.58,000 employees.
In April 2020, Carrier became an independent, publicly traded company. As a 100-year-old start-up, and in the midst of a global pandemic, they seized the opportunity to create a fundamentally new business and since then have leaned into three critical secular trends – healthy buildings; healthy, safe, sustainable cold chain; and sustainability.
Partnering with AMS to implement an EMEA RPO solution, Carrier focused on expanding talent acquisition to support 33 countries in EMEA with a consistent approach spanning, people, technology, and process.
Carrier’s talent acquisition activities across EMEA were decentralised and fragmented with partial coverage, inconsistent processes, limited technology, limited project management, and heavy agency reliance, with HR colleagues often having to manage recruiting activities, alongside BAU responsibilities. A change programme was required to expand talent acquisition to support the EMEA region using a consistent approach and mindset, spanning, people, technology, and process. The use of one global applicant tracking system (Workday) was central to deliver business impact by providing data driven recruiting, global unified recruiting processes and enhanced candidate, hiring manager and recruiter experiences. The change was required to:
- build capacity of the HR partners to support strategic business partnership work vs. talent acquisition activities
- enable and accelerate Carrier’s HR operating model whilst advancing talent acquisition maturity across EMEA
- reduce reliance on 3rd party agency support
- provide the ability to scale up or down based on business fluctuations
- deliver strategic business partnering, utilising data and insights to make considered hiring decisions
- ensure a consistent, robust, engaging assessment and selection process to deliver quality of hiring with candidate and hiring managers